Blood transfusion products
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Packed Red Cells
- 1. Increase O2 carrying capacity
- 2. Emphasize clinical condition not lab - <7.0g/dL or
- <8.0g/dL for heart pt’s
- 2. Thrombocytopathy-
- dysfunctional platelets. i.e. medications, clinical conditions (renal failure),
- mechanical trauma (cardiopulmonary bypass with increased post op bleeding.
NOT FOR: TTP, ITP, DIC Untreate
1. Replace coag factors
- 2. Replacement solution in
- therapeutic plasma exchange for TTP
- 1. Neutropenia <0.5 x 106/l (absolute neutrophil
- count <500µL
- 2. Severe granulocyte
1 unit of WB
1 unit of PC's
What will the Hgb and Hct increase be
1unit of Whole Blood derived Platelets increases plts by how much?
- Increases Platelet
- 5 – 10 x109 /L
1 unit of platelet pheresis
- 20 – 60 x 109/L
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview