Jobs each age group can perform:
1) 18 or older
3) 14 and 15
4) 12 and 13
5) Under 13
1) 18 + = any jobs, whether hazardous or not, for unlimited hours
2) 16-18 = any nonhazardous job for unlimited hours, but they are not allowed to work in hazardous occupations, such as mining, meat-cutting, or logging
3) 14 and 15 = work outside school hours in various nonmanufacturing, nonmining, nonhazardous jobs under these conditions –no more than 3 hours on a school day, 8 hours on a nonschool day, or 40 hours in a nonschool week. Also, work may not begin before 7 am nor end after 7 pm except from June 1 through Labor Day, when evening hours are extended to 9 pm.
4) 12 and 13 = work on farm jobs outside of school hours in nonhazardous jobs.
5) Under 13 = nonhazardousjobs on farms with parent’s written consent outside school hours.
Youths of any age may be employed by their parents at any time and in any job on a farm owned or operated by their parents.