Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the three domains?
- Domain Bacteria
- Domain Archaea
- Domain Eukarya
What do Bacteria and Archaea have in common ?
Both contain unicellular prokaryotes - (which lacks membrane-bounded nucleus)
What kind of environment do Archaea live in?
- Archaea live in extreme conditions
- -environments that lack oxygen
- -extreme salty, hot, or acidic environments.
What elements make up the most weight of living things?
- Carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorus, sulfur
In cells, synthesis often occurs when monomers are bonded together during a ____________ reaction, which involves the removal of H20.
What is the molecular formula of a simple sugar?
What are two other isomers of glucose?
Fructose and galactose
Glucose + Glucose ----> _____________.
Monosaccharide + Monosaccharide, undergo ____________ reaction to form a disaccharide.
Plants store glucose as ____________.
Animals store glucose as _______________.
Starch is a chain of glucose molecules that is _________.
- C. both
- Starch can be found branched or non branched. However, glycogen is highly more branched than starch
Cellulose is the most abundant of all carbohydrates
- a. True!
- Cellulose is also the most abundant organic molecule on Earth!
The exoskeleton of crabs, lobsters, and insects are made up of ____________, which is another example of a polysaccharide.
________________ have double bonds.
An example of this would be corn oil.
Unsaturated fatty acids
_____________ fatty acids have no double bonds.
An example of this would be better.
Saturated fatty acids.
Saturated fatty acids have a ________ melting point .
- Butter in room temperature is a solid.
- Corn oil (unsaturated) is liquid in room temperature,
Waxes have a ________ melting point.
- Waxes are solid in room temperature.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview