Home Economics- Fat
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Describe the composition of fats
Fat is made up of fatty acids and glycerol
These contain the elements carbon, hydrogen and oxygen
How is fat classified?
1. Saturated fats eg. rashers, sausages, butter and milk
2. Unsaturated fats eg. fish, beans, nuts and cereals
List four functions of fat in the diet
1. Heat and energy
2. Insulates the body
3. Protects organs eg. heart
4. Stores fat soluble vitamins A, D, E and K
Suggest four ways fat could be reduced in the diet
1. Grill, bake or boil instead of frying
2.Cut fat off meat
3. Use low fat foods
4. Use Flora instead of butter
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview