The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is motivation?
The intensity, direction, and persistence of effort a person shows in reaching a goal.
Describe Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs Theory.
- Every human being has 5 needs.
Describe ERG Theory.
- Alderfer argued that there are three groups of core needs.
Describe Herzberg's Motivation-Hygiene Theory.
A theory that relates intrinsic factors to job satisfaction and associates extrinsic factors with dissatisfaction.
Describe McClellend's Theory of Needs.
Achievement, power, and affiliation are three important needs that help explain motivation.
Describe the Expectancy Theory.
- The theory that individuals act depending upon their evaluation of whether their effort will lead to good performance, whether good performance will be followed by a given outcome, and whether that outcome is attractive to them.
SMART stands for,
Describe Self-Efficacy Theory.
belief that one is capable of performing a task. Higher the self-efficacy, the more confidence you have in your ability to succeed in a task.
Describe the Equity Theory.
- Individuals compare their job inputs and outcomes with those of others, and then respond so as to eliminate any inequities.
- Length of Tenure
- Level in the Organization and amount of education
Describe Organization Justice.
- Distributive Justice: perceived fairness of outcome.
- Procedural Justice: perceived fairness of process used to determine outcome.
- Interactional Justice: perceived degree to which one is treated with dignity and respect
Describe Cognitive Evaluation Theory.
Offering extrinsic rewards for work effort that was previously rewarding intrinsically will tend to decrease the overall level of a person's motivation,.
What is Self-concordance?
the degree to which a person's reasons for pursuing a goal is consistent with the person's interests and core values.