215 health and wellness
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
nurses role as caregiver =
- promote health
- prevent illness
- restore health
- promoting and facilitating coping
- More than the absence of disease
- active process in which a person moves toward wellness
- Each person has their own definition of health
things that effect health =
- coping mechanisms
- socioeconomic situation
- disease process
pathological change in the structure or function of the body or mind
the response of the person to their disease
Illness is influenced by the patients
self-perception, effects of change on role and relationships, culture, spiritual values, etc.
an active state, oriented toward maximizing the potential of the individual, regardless of his or her state of health
health belief model =
- addresses the relaionship between a person's beliefs and behaviors
- provides a way of understanding a predicting how well clients will behave in relation to their health, how they will comply with health care therapies.
health belief model helps the nurse...
understand factors that influence a clients perceptions, beliefs and behavior
1st component of helath belief model =
individuals perception of susceptibility of an illness
2nd component of helath belief model
individuals perception of the seriousness of the illness
3rd component of health belief model =
nidividuals perception of the benefits of and barrier to taking action
health promotion should be directed at...
increasing a clients level of well-being
primary prevention is
- true prevention = education
- precedes disease or dysfunction
- diet, exercise, safe sex practices, seat belts/car seats.
Secondary prevention =
- focus on individuals that have health problem or high risk
- prevent complications
- **health screenings**
- diagnosis and prompt intervention
- occurs when a defect or disability is present and irreversible
- goal = minimize the effects of long term disease/diability
Healthy people 2020=
campaign to improve nation's health
improved health of nation since 2000 are
- decreased infant mortality
- increased childhood vaccines
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview