Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
101.2/ State the qualities that characterize the navy/ marine corp
Those qualities are readiness, flexibility, selfsustainabity & mobility.
101.2a/ Formation of the US NAVY.
- In 1770 during the Revolutionary war George Washington
-AN set up a sea offenaive againt the British
102.3/ Creation of the Seabees
-Prior to 1941 overseas construction was done by civilan contractors
-According to the laws of war the civilian who defended themselves are treated as guerillas.
-So the Navy trained a combat construction force
-Organized Jan 1942
102.4/ What is the significance of March 5 1942
Officially given permission to use the name Seabee
102.5 Admiral Ben Moreell
-Father of the Seabee
-Dec 28 1941 requeted permission to create constrution battallions
-Jan 5 1942 permission was grated to stand up NCR
102.5B/ CM3 Marvin Glenn Shields
First and only Seabee in history to be awarded the Medal Of Honor , for his heroic efforts in Vietnam. ( awarded 13 SEP 1966 ) on the wall at (panel 02e, row 007)
102.5 SW3 Robert Dean Stethem
- Was executed in June 15 1985 during a hI-jacking of flight TWA- 847 in Lebanon . He was in UCT-1
- Purple heart & Bronze star Recipient.
102.6 / Naval Operation Planning
- Key to successfully training, sustaining and fighting as a naval force.
102.7a Discuss the significant contributions madeby the Seabees during the following periods. Worid War 2
- 240,00 enlisted men served in the Seabees at this time
- Building airstrips, warehouses, hospitals and housing for 1.5 million servicemen
- Had 35 days to complete an airstrip, they had the strip ready in 15 days
- While under constant enemy bombardment.
- 26,000 Seabees served in Vietnam
- Seabees built roads, airfields, warehouses and hospitals
- Civic action team- provided water and utilities, taught construction
102.7d/ Post Vietnam
- One of the largest peacetime construction effort on British Indian Ocean territory of Diego Garcia
- Building the naval communications station on Diego Garcia
102.7e Persian Gulf War
- Seabee projects included tent camp for 42,000 personnel, three galleys, 10 aircraft parking aprons, several EPW camps
102.8 Rate Compression for Seabee Master Chief, CUCM, UCCM, EQCM
101.9 State the purpose of the Civil Engineer Corps (CEC)
They perform a variety of engineering work in planning, designing and over seening construction & maintenance of structures and facilities