CCNA 4: Chapter 8 Vocab
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Provides a logical diagram or the network and detailed information about each component.
Network Topology Diagram
A graphical representation of a network that illustrates how each device is connected and its logical architecture.
Network Configuration Table
- Contains accurate, up-to-date records of the hardware and software used in a network.
- Should provide a network engineer with all the information necessary to identify and correct the network fault.
End-System Configuration Table
Contains baseline records of the hardware and software used in end-system devices such as servers, network management consoles, and desktop workstations.
- Used to efficiently diagnose and correct network problems.
- Documents what the network's expected performance should be under normal operating conditions.
A troubleshooting method that analyzes the network as a whole rather than in a piecemeal fashion.
You start with the physical components of the network and move up through the layers of the OSI model until you find the cause of the problem.
You start with the end-user applications and move down through the layers of the OSI model until you find the cause of the problem.
You start by collecting users' experience with the problem and document the system.
Network Management System (NMS)
Responsible for managing at least part of the network.
An information database used to assist in the use or troubleshooting of a product.
Decodes the various protocol layers in a recorded frame and presents this information in a relatively easy-to-use format.
Network Analysis Module (NAM)
A embedded browser-based interface that generates reports on the traffic that consumes critical network resources.
Digital Multimeter (DMM)
A test instrument that directly measures electrical values of voltage, current, and resistance.
A specialized handheld device designed to test the various types of data communication cabling.
Optical Time-Domain Reflectometers (OTDR)
- Pinpoints the distance to a break in a fiber-optic cable.
- This device sends signals along the cable and waits for them to be reflected.
A multifunctional handheld device that is used to test and certify copper and fiber cables for different services and standards.
Portable Network Analyzers
- A portable device that is used to troubleshoot switched networks and VLANs.
- shows the port to which the device is connected and the average and peak utilization.
The mapping of a network that shows the physical layout of equipment, cables, and interconnections.
Describes the arrangement of devices on a network and how they communicate with one another.
The condition in which a network device continually transmits random, meaningless data onto the network.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview