A&P Chapter 15
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the function of Rods?
- Rods are used for peripheral vision.
- Excellent for night vision
What are the function of cones?
- Cones are specific to wavelength
- Provide ability to see color
What creates the ability to focus?
Accommodation of the lenses: the process that increases the refractory power of the lens. The ciliary muscles contract, the ciliary body is pulled anteriorly and inward toward the pupil and releases tension in the ciliary zonule
What is a papebrae?
What separates the eye lids?
What is conjunctiva?
- Bulbar conjunctiva: covers the anterior eye except for the cornea
- Palpebra conjunctiva: transparent mucous membrane that lines the eyelids
What is the lacrimal apparatus?
It consists of the lacrimal gland and the ducts that drain excess lacrimal secretions into the nasal cavity.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview