Conflict of Laws
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is conflict of laws as defined by the text book?
Conflict of laws is the study of how the answer to a legal problem is affected by the fact that the elements of the problem have contacts with more than one jurisdiction.
What topics must be addressed in planning or dispute resolution?
- Where may the parties resolve the dispute?
- What law will a court apply?
- What will be the effect of any judgment?
Three types of Domicile are?
- Domicile or origin: Where you were born Until the age of majority.
- Domicile of choice: Where you choose to live.
- Domicile by operation of law: Generally applied to domestic relations (spouses)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview