Home Economics - The Family
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
State four different family structures
1. Nuclear family
2. Extended family
3. One parent family
4. Blended family
Describe four changes to family life and structure that have occurred in Ireland over the last number of decades
1. Increase in one parent families
2. Increase in cohbaiting couples
3. Increase in blended families
4. Incrase in isolation
List three types of needs provided for by the family and give an example of each
1. Physical needs eg. food, clothing, shelter
2. Emotional needs eg. love, security, support
3. Social needs eg. guidance on what is right and wrong
Name four children's rights within the family
1. Love and security
4. Protection from neglect or abuse
List four responsibilities teenagers have within the family
1. To respect household rules
2. To show respect for all family members
3. To help out in the runnning of the home
4. To behave in an acceptable way in society
What is meant by the term 'gender stereotyping'?
This is having a fixed and often wrong idea about men's and women's personalities eg. women are emotional and men are not
What is meant by the term 'gender role stereotyping'?
This is having a fixed and often wrong idea about how men and women should behave in society
For example women should do the childrearing and housework and men should go out to work
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview