Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
the 27 books of the New Testament fall into six categories. Name them.
- the Gospels
- the Acts of the Apostles
- Pauline Epistles
- Letter to the Hebrews
- Catholic Epistles
- the Book of Revelation
Name the main theme that dominates each of the four gospels
- mark: suffering is essential to human life, Jesus is fully human
- luke: Jesus' compassion towards those least likely in God's favor
- matthew: Jesus is the fulfillment of the Old Testament
- john: Jesus is the divine Son of God
Describe the parable of the sower
- path: those who hear the word, but do not listen to it
- rocky ground: those who listen to the word, but fall at persecution
- thorns: those who listen to the word, but are lured away from it
- rich soil: those who listen to the word and spread it
how did Jesus say he would judge the nations at the end of time?
- feed the hungry
- clothe the naked
- gave drink to the thirsty
- welcome the strangers
- visit the sick
- visit those in prison
what are the three kinds of love discussed in class
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview