Card Set Information
pre modern history
final exam africa
1. Describe the main geographic regions of Africa and the economic possibilities of each (foraging, agriculture, pastoralism, etc.)
2. Recognize the importance of rock paintings for tracing human history and the environmental transformation of the Sahara desert.
3. Identify products historically traded across the desert from sub-Saharan Africa to the Mediterranean world.
4. Summarize the accomplishments of the Nok culture that flourished in West Africa from 1000 BCE to 200 CE.
5. Trace the Bantu migration across southern Africa and describe its cultural and economic significance.
6. Explain the social and political organization of “state-less” societies.
7. Describe the key beliefs in the traditional African religions spread by the Bantu migration.
8. Explain why the Khosian (“Bushman”) and “Short-Stature” (Pygmy) populations were not replaced by the Bantu.
The bantu could not use the land for agriculture so they didn't take over these two cultures