dentures3 mandibular impressions
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
2 ways to make mandibular trays
- fabricate from existing denture
- resin from preliminary impression
Boundaries of the buccal shelf:
The external oblique line (masseter groove and buccinator attachments)) and the crest of the alveolar ridge (area within the dotted line).
why is buccal shelf a primary support area
- parallel to the occlusal plane
- bone is very dense
- relatively resistant to resorption
- glandular tissue
- loose areolar connective tissue
- lower margin of the pterygomandibular raphe
- fibers of the buccinator, and superior constrictor and fibers of the temporal tendon.
- Bone beneath does not resorb secondary to the pressure associated with denture use
- primary support
- Forms the muscular floor of the mouth.
- Arises from the mylohyoid ridge of the mandible. Determines the length of the lingual flange extension of the denture.
Extending the denture into the retromylohyoid space improves denture _________
stability and retention
varying degrees of ridge width and height affects ___
support and retention
mandiblular tray border molding sequence
- A. Buccal Shelf
- B. Bucceinator insertion, masseter groove, posterior border of retromolar pad
- C. Labial vestibule
- D. seal for favorable tongue position, floor of mouth posture
- E. tongue pushed in lower incisor area
- thinnest lingual flange is the retromylohyoid space
what does scraping border impression compound do?
scrape 1mm in width and height to ensure finished impression is mucostatic
Good impression factors
- Smooth well defined peripheries
- Maximum extension
- Even pressure distribution
- intimate tissue contact
Laboratory Tasks for 3rd Clinical Appointment
- Box impressions
- Pour master casts in stone
- Trim,index and mark master cast
- Make record bases with occlusion rims
Cast Landmarks -Mandible
- Midpoint of retromolar pad
- Lines indicating the crest of the ridge
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview