The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
why are the testis outside of the abdominal cavity?
b/c of temperature, sperm is produced better a few degrees below body temp
ambilical cord is not directly connected to the placenta. it is off in a distance
twin transfusion syndrom
- 1st twin born is the lighter twin - anemic
- darker twin-polycythemic (can get gaunist)
- prevents cancer
- disorder in which the foreskin is too tight to move easily over the glans penis. it is a condition in which the fore skin cannot be retracted back over the glans.
- during the first 3 yeats of life, congenital adhesions separate naturally with penile erections and are not an indication for circumcision.
- can occur at any age and is most commonly caused by poor hygiene.
reasons for seeking treatment of phimosis
- tenderness of the prepuce and purulent discharge
- circumcision if needd is performed after infection has been eradicated.
tortion of the testis
the testis rotates on its vascular pedicle, intereruptin gits blood supply
this is a surgical emergency
has been identified as a possible risk factor for prostate cancer in both case controlled studies and cohort studies.
- sperm cells die if they arent ejaculated
- constant feeling of blue balls
- lots of papilla
- caused by a virus
- human papaloma virus?
stages of syphilis
- 1) primary (shanker)- anal or oral, a hard chancer develops
- 2)secondary syphilis - rash
- 3)tertuary syphilis- gumma, can be around the heart or brain