The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- is breakdown of mucosal lining resulting in
ulcer occurs in even greater frequency...keep in mind H. pylori is a prominant player in this disease
are less common and tend to be more chronic ulcers generally follow the pain-food-relief pattern, or relief by the use of antacids
- is regional (skip areas) in both sm. and lg. intestine, familial like ulcerative
- colitis, and hard to differentiate from it also.
- inflammation of veriform appendix, often by fecalith - hardened fecal material
- blocking appendix resulting in pressure, hypoxia and anaerobic bacterial growth. Rebound tenderness of rt. lower quad.
Pancreatitis is inflammation of pancreas
- autodigestion, digestive enzymes into blood
- stream. Chronic form usually due to
- chronic alcohol abuse