Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
hormones of posterior pituitary gland
other name of oxytocin
uterine stimulating hormone
other name of vasopressin
an antidiuretic hormone which regulates the threshold for resorption of water by epithelium cells of renal tubules
hormones of anterior pituitary gland
function of ACTH (corticotropin)
- produce male sex hormones
- control water and mineral balance in the body
- treats collagen disease
function of HCG (Choriogonadotropin)
- present in urine of pregnant women
- treats infertility
function of urogonadotropin
- present in urine of post menopausal women
- enhance fertility of anovulatory women
- stimulate spermatogenesis in male
function of somatotropin
function of thyrotropin
diagnostic aid in evaluating thyroid function
hypersecretion of Human Growth Hormone during adulthood
hyposecretion of thyroid hormone during fetal life (retarded etc.)
hypothyroidism during adulthood
other name of grave's disease
what is grave's disease?
- hypersecretion of thyroid hormone
- increase oxygen use by the body cells
- elevate heat production
- increase food intake
peculiar edema behind the eye of grave's disease
enlargement of thyroid gland
a hormone that induce hypercalcemic action by increase bone resorption and increase calcium release
a hormone that induce hypocalcemic action by suppressing bone resorption
hypothyroidism increases calcium. True or False?
what is tetany?
muscle twiches, spasms and convulsion
hormones of GIT
diagnostic aid for pancreatic disorder by stimulate digestive enzyme, flow of bile, contraction of gall bladder
diagnostic aid for pancreatic disorder and increase bicarbonate contents
4 diagnostic hormones
what is protirelin?
evaluate thyroid disease, pituitary or hypothalamic dysfunction
release of high level of gastrin
patient with pancreatitis secretes higher volume of pancreatic juice. true or false?
a corticoid that affects intermediary metabolism
a corticoid that affects secretion of fluid and electrolyte with subsequent sodium retention
Ovaries and Testes are also called Gonads. true or false?
function of follicle-stimulating hormone?
- for development of testes
- maturation of spermatozoa
- development of ovariafollicle to their formation of ova and estrogen
function of luteinizing hormone
- production of androgen in matured testes
- development of corpus lutea in ovarian follicle after ovulation, and then, formation of progesterone.
other name of corpus luteum?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview