Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
pertaining to hearing
instrument for testing hearing
pertaining to sense of hearing
tympanic membrane (eardrum)
incision of the tympanic membrane
surgical repair of the tympanic membrane
any surgical procedure designed to cure a chronic inflammatory process in the middle ear or restore function to sound-transmitting mechanism of the middle ear
inflammation of the ear with purulent discharge
congenital deficiency in color perception
color blindness: more common in men
defective curvature of the cornea and lens, which causes light rays to focus unevenly over the retina rather than being focused on a single point, resulting in a distorted image
degenerative disease in which the lens of the eye becomes progressively cloudy, causing decreased vision
conjunctivitis (pink eye)
inflammation of the conjunctive that can be caused by bacteria, allergy, irritation, or a foreign body
retinal damage marked by aneurysmal dilation and bleeding of blood vessels or the formation of new blood vessels, causing visual changes
- condition in which aqueous humor fails to drain properly and accumulates in the anterior chamber of the eye, causing elevated IOP.
- -eventually leads to loos of vision and blindness.
- -Treatment: miotics (eyedrops) that cause pupils to constrict/ surgery may be necessary
- open angle: most common; results from degenerative changes that cause congestion and reduce flow of aqueous humor through the canal of Schlemm
- -painless; destroys peripheral vision, causing tunnel vision
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview