Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does Cephalic Stage Activate?
Activates HCl & IF by Parasympathetic Nerves
What does Intrinsic Factor do?
- Gastrin stimulates Gastric Acid Which secretes HCl & ECL which release Histamines
- Stimulated by A.A
Parietal cell in stomach:
Mucus in Stomach:
Enteroendocrine in stomach:
Chief in stomach:
- Parietal cell in stomach: HCl & IF
- Mucus in Stomach: Rennin (milk hurdle) Gastric Lipase
- Enteroendocrine in stomach:
- - G Cell = Found in Gastrin presence of proteins secrete Parietal Cells
- - D Cell = Secretes Somatostatin inhibits G cell & ECL cells. (stops everything)
- - ECL Cell = Releases histamines found in fundus of stomache
- Chief in stomach: Pepsin (Brks down proteins) activated by HCl
Ghrelin & CCK
- Makes one hungry
- Curbs hunger
- Found in stomach
- Inhibits contraction of antrum and release of acid in stomach.
Stimulates the pancreas when pH <4.5 to secrete H20 & HCO3
- Stimulates pancreas to secrete enzymes & HCO3.
- Inhibits acid secretion in Stomach & GB Contraction
- Tripsin: Breaks down peptide bonds & activates all other enzymes.
- Carboxypeptides: Splits amino acids
- Chymotripsin: Breaks peptide bonds
- Dipeptides:break amino acids
- Stimulated by small intestine to secrete insulin when increase of Carbs, glucose, or acidic chyme.
- Inhibits acid secretion
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview