The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the four general groups of Dispersion stabilizers for suspensions?
- Modified plant derivatives
- Synthetic hydrocolloids
Hydrocolloids, Modified plant derivative, Clays and Synthetic hydrocolloids are all types of what?
Dispersion Stabilizers for suspensions
What are examples of modified plant derivatives that can be used as Dispersion stabilizers?
- Sodium carboxymethylcellulose
- Microcrystalline cellulose
What types of Hydrocolloid Dispersion stabilizers exist?
- Plant derivatives = acacia, tragacanth, sodium alginate
- Animal derivative = gelatin, egg yolk and casein
What clays can act as dispersion stabilizers?
What synthetic hydrocolloid is available for use as a dispersion stabilizer?
What are the suspension preservative examples given in class?
Ethyl and Methyl paraben
What are Ethyl and Methyl paraben used as in suspensions?
What are the Viscosity Enhancers examples given in class?
What are Sorbitol and Syrups used as in suspensions?
What should suspension storage containers be like?
- Tight containers
- Protected from heat and light
- Adequate airspace above the liquid to permit shaking
What should always be done before use of suspension?
SHOULD ALWAYS BE SHAKEN BEFORE USE