Health Psych 4.2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is cancer?
set of diseases in which abnormal body cells multiply and spread, forming a tumor
5 types of cancer
- caner of the epithelial cells that link the outer and inner sufaces of the body
- breast, prostate, lung, and skin cancer
cancer that strikes muscles, bones and cartilage
- cancer of the body's lymph system
- included Hodgkin's disease and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma
cancer of the blood and blood producing system
grows in the plasma cells of bone marrow
Inherent risk factors for developing cancer
- genetics and family history: oncogenes, tumor suppressor genes, mismatch repair genes
- ethnic background
Influential lifestyle factors that increase cancer risk
Diet: primary factor in 1/3 of all cancer deaths
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview