The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Which is larger, the Gulf of California or the Gulf of Mexico?
- Gulf of Mexico
- (largest in the world)
Name the tributary that flows into the Mississippi River due north of St. Louis.
What is the difference between an island and a peninsula?
- an island is land surrounded by water and
- a peninsula is land almost surrounded by water
Does Panama fit the definition of an isthmus? Why or why not.
- yes; it is a narrow stretch of land that
- connects two larger areas of land
Can you travel the whole length of the United States on the Mississippi River? Why or why not?
No; the Mississippi River begins in a lake south of the United States/Canada border.
In general, which has higher elevation, Alaska or Florida?
If you were an avid lake fisher, would you go to Minnesota, Kansas, or Kentucky for your vacation? Why?
- probably Minnesota because it has the
- most lakes
What is the capital of Utah, the state that contains the largest natural lake west of the Mississippi River?
- Salt Lake City; the lake is called the Great Salt Lake and is in the northwestern part
- of Utah