The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Classify the following plants as seed or nonseed plants. Make lists labeled Seeds and No Seeds.
cedar lemon mossalgae mushroom pineapple banana fern
- Seeds No Seeds
- cedar moss
- lemon algae
- pine mushroom
- apple fern
How do each of the animals in the diagram protect themselves from their enemies? List your answers from 1-6.
porcupine crow rabbit polar bear monkey deer
- 1. porcupine quills
- 2. crow flight
- 3. rabbit speed
- 4. polar bear claws, strength, & size
- 5. monkey climbing ability
- 6. deer speed & jumping ability
Draw lines matching the following terms with their definitions.
conductor allows heat energy to move freely
insulator heat energy moving in waves
radiation blocks heat energy
- conductor allows heat energy to move freely
- insulator blocks heat energy
- radiation heat energy moving in waves
Tell whether each of these changes is a physical change,, or a chemical change.
1. freezing water physical
2. burning wood chemical
3. leaves blowing off a tree physical
4. rusting nail chemical
- 1. freezing water physical
- 2. burning wood chemical
- 3. leaves blowing off a tree physical
- 4. rusting nail chemical
Guess how long and wide our classroom is.
30 feet by 24 feet
Would you plant grass or carrots on a hillside? Why?
grass; grass has many fibrous roots that will help keep the soil from being washed and/or blown away