Research Final 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- described behavior, thoughts, or feelings of a particular group of individuals
- provides foundation for other types of research
- is a relationship between two events (correlation) between two variables
- does not allow us to determine what the relationship is, or that one caused the other
isolate cause and effect- try to statistically control for other factors
Experimental research EXAMPLE
- New drug for depression
- Use double-blind procedure
- This experiment has 1 factor: we manipulate whether the participant has the drug or placebo
- Manipulation is the IV
- We see what manipulation does to behavior (DV)
- specify the procedures that manipulate the variable
- measure the DV
- researchers study the effects of some variable or event that occurs naturally (does not vary in IV)
- EX. students with jobs do worse in school. B/c of job or because those students that work already do poorly?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview