Computer Graphics Part 2 (Object Representations)
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the problem in CG object representation?
What is the demand/need?
- Real world is continuous and infinte
- Computers represent things desicretely and resources are finite
- need compact object representations that allows -> 1. quick loading 2. quick rendering
- (Demand for continuous smooth surfaces that are easy to control)
Object representation approaches (list all 3)
- Parametric surfaces
- Mesh structures (Polygon format, triangle strip, triangle fans; Quad mesh)
Disadvantages (2) of increasing the degree of a parametric curve / explain alternative way/solution?
- 1. Not easy to control
- 2. Requires more computation
solution: concatenate, which means subdividing curves into sections (each of which has its own low order/degree parametric equation)
Problem with parametric curves?
Difficult to render objects that have a dynamically changing topology, i.e. blobby objects like liquid, clay etc.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview