The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Forms the longitudinal axis of the body;
- Supports and projects organ systems;
- provides surface area for the attachment of muscles
Bones in the Axial Skeleton
Bones of the Skull
- 29 total bones
- Important bones -- Mandible
- The lower jaw;
- serves as orientating landmark for palpating the carotid artery to assess pulse.
- also known as vertebral column;
- serves as main axial support for the body
Bones in the Spine
- Intervertebral Disks
- Adult Vertebral column