Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
How do mormon's assure salvation?
- Believe in Jesus
- Be baptised into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Receive the gift of the Holy Ghost through the laying on of hands by a person with priesthood authority.
- Live a good life in obedience to the the Mormon Church
Tithing (regular giving)
What do Mormons believe about God?
- God is an exalted, perfected man
- God has a physical body
- There is more than one God
- Human beings have the potential to become like God
- The Godhead consists of 3 separate and distinct beings, united in purpose
What do Mormons believe about Jesus?
- Jesus was the spiritual "first born" Son of God in the preexistence.
- He is also the "only begotten" physical offspring of God by procreation on earth.
- Because of his atonement, everyone born on this earth will be resurrected.
- Jesus death was his obedience to the Father; therefore, his way of attaining exaltation.
What do Mormons believe about heaven?
- One of three levels of glory:Exaltation in the Celestial Kingdom for faithful Mormons where people may become gods or angels
- Terrestrial Kingdom for righteous non-Mormons (also, not-so-good Mormons)
- Telestial Kingdom for wicked and ungodly (not hell)
what are the four standard works.
- Book of Mormon (main scriptures)
- Teaching of the Prophet Joseph Smith (preface of Book of Mormon)
- Doctrine & Covenants (compilation of modern revelations)
- Pearl of Great Price (clarifies lost doctrines and teachings)
Primary Focus of Mormons
- Men and women (18-21) go on missionary journeys to be good Mormons.
- Spiritual benefit - growth of heavenly kingdoms
- Earthly benefit - growth of church and funds
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview