Data logging requires both hardware and software: explain each of the following...
1. Input sensor - explain both digital and analogue sensors.
2. What is a thermostat and is it an analogue sensor?
3. Whenever a car passes past a sensor it detects it. Is this a analogue or digital sensor and why?
4. what is an interface board?
5. is an ADC part of the interface board?
6. once the data has been connected to digital it is stored in .......... format?
7. what does the initials from your previous answer stand for?
1. a digital sensor takes data collects environmental data by coming either on or of. However, a analogue sensor collects data all the time and can take any value.
2. a thermostat is a resister which changes its resistance depending on temperature - when its hot resistance decreases. Because temperature changes all the time, and can take all values it is an analogue sensor.
3. when a car passes past a sensor it is either on or off. Thus it is a digital sensor.
4. the interface allows the user to connect the sensor to the computer.
5. Yes; analogue to digital converter is!
7. Comma Ceparated Value.