Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
ATROPINE / PARASYMPATHOLYTIC
- - Atropine blocks the parasympathetic nervous system, specifically the vagal effects on the heart rate.
- - May increase myocardial oxygen demands
- - decreases airway secretions
ATROPINE / PARASYMPATHOLYTIC Indications
- 1. Hemodynamically significant bradycardia
- 2. Bradyasystolic arrest
- 3. Organophosphate poisoning
ATROPINE / PARASYMPATHOLYTIC Contraindications
- NONE IN EMERGENCY SETTING
- - 2nd degree type II and above heart block
ATROPINE / PARASYMPATHOLYTIC Precautions
ATROPINE / PARASYMPATHOLYTIC Dosage/Route
- Symptomatic bradycardia : 0.5mg IV or 1mg ETT. repeat 3-5 min to 3mg
- Asystole : 1mg IV or 2mg ETT, repeat 3-5mins up to 3mg
- Organophosphate poisoning : 2-5mg IV/IM/IO/10-15mins
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview