Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
- The freight carried by a ship,an aircraft,or another vehicle.
- A strong,foul odor; a stink
- To keep within bounds; restrict.
- Pestilent,poisonous;Likely to cause an epidemic disease.
- To kill or destroy by preventing access of air or oxygen.
- Yielding or containing plenty; affording ample supply
- The fluid,consisting of water with small amounts of urea and salts,that is excreted through the pores of the skin by the sweat glands; sweat.
- The act or process of inhaling and exhaling; breathing.
- The condition of being sick; illness.患病的状态;生病
- Not providing for the future; thriftless.
- Immoderate desire for wealth; cupidity.
- In a deplorable state of distress or misfortune; miserable
- To make worse or more troublesome.
- To make (the skin) sore by abrasion; chafe.
- Foul or dirty matter.
- An open,flat-bottomed vessel,usually round and typically wider than it is deep,used for washing,packing,or storing.
- To voice a deep,inarticulate sound,as of pain,grief,or displeasure.
- To represent in a drawing,painting,verbal form or musical piece
- 不可思议的; 难以置信的
- So unlikely or surprising as to have been thought impossible; unbelievable
- Lacking strength or vigor; weak.
- A chain or shackle for the ankles or feet.
- One that inhabits a place,especially as a permanent resident
- The ability to apprehend or understand; understanding.
- To throw lightly or casually or with a sudden slight jerk
- Not yielding the desired outcome; fruitless
- To get by special effort; obtain or acquire
- To beat severely with a whip or rod.
- Physically or mentally fatigued
- An openwork fabric; a net.
- Being in low spirits; depressed.
on account of
- Because of; for the sake of
- A miserable,unfortunate,or unhappy person.
- To kill by submerging and suffocating in water or another liquid.
- To narrate or tell,describe
- [əˈkəːst, -id]
- Being under a curse; doomed.
- Being dead from lack of air or oxygen; be asphyxiated.
- To cause the death of,获得,成功对付
- An early instrument for measuring altitude of celestial bodies,consisting of a 90equal to graduated arc with a movable radius for measuring angles
- Great surprise or amazement.
- v.P. of draw行驶
- To proceed or move steadily
- To drop anchor or lie at anchor.
- A group or company; a pack.
- Profound fear; terror.
- To shake involuntarily,as from excitement,weakness,or anger; quake; shake
- Fearful or uneasy anticipation of the future; dread.
- To ease the anger or agitation of.使平静
- To direct the course of; manage or control.
- P. of pen关进围栏
- A past tense and a past participle of pen：To confine in or as if in a pen,To enclose
- The state of being detained or held under guard
- To keep within bounds; restrict