BIOL 404-Exam 4-CNS 10
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The more a circuit is used, what happens to it?
- Long term potentiation
- Changes in threshold and time constant
- change in synaptic number
What ways are neural circuits adapted?
- Change in threshold and time constant
- Change in synaptic numbers
What occurs when synaptic weight of connection is increased downstream or upstream?
Memory can be strengthened
what general disease areas are common for learning and memory?
- Brain injury
- Alzheimer's and dementia
Describe Alzheimer's psychological progression:
- Progressive memory loss and dementia
- Short term memory loss first, followed by long term memory loss starting from the most recent memories
What memories do Alzheimer's patients loose first?
Short term memories
What memories do Alzheimer's patients loose last?
Oldest long term memories
What Alzheimer's symptoms varies from person to person?
- Language issues
- Problem solving
What are the clinical changes of Alzheimer's?
- neurofiber tagaments in the cells
- Deposition of extracellular amyloid plaques
- Cholinergic receptors of the brain dissapear
What do most Alzheimer drugs attack?
What are the pathologies of Senile dementia?
- Cerebrovascular disease (artherosclerosis)
Where is the Syvalian fissure located at?
divides the frontal lobe from the temporal and parietal
What is the purpose of areas around teh Syvalian fissure?
What is the purpose of Broca's area?
Production of speech
What are of the brain is associated with production of speech?
What area of the brain is associated with comprehension of speech?
What is Wernicke's area associated with?
Comprehension of speech
What is Aphasia?
Inability to communicate due to nervous system issues (not mechanical)
What is the term for the Inability to communicate due to nervous system issues (not mechanical)?
Someone with an issue in Wernicke's area has what speech pattern?
mixed up words and syntax
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview