GIS test 3
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is geographic information and what happens to it over time?
- Perspective: may view GI as a commodity
- Problem: does not wear out due to use, but it diminishes over time
Being tracked by your phone
Phases for a sustainable GIS (major life-cycle phases)
- Business Planning - Strategic analysis and requirements gathering
- System Acquisition - Choosing and purchasing a system
- System Implementation - Assembling all the various components and creating a functional solution
- Operation and Maintenance - Keeping a system running
Five Staff roles for medium to large size GIS project
- Team Member
- User of information
SDI (Spatial Data Infrastructure)
- social networks of people and organizations, in which technology and data play a supportive role.
- -Technology is cheap
- -Data are expensive
- Social relations are invaluable
Example of SDI
- Booey, different countries share spatial information.
Critics and SDI
- -critics not focusing on governance matters
- -Only using qualitative measures for success
- Federal Geographic Data Committee
- -Interagency committee that promotes the coordinated development, use, sharing, and dissemination of geospatial data on a national basis
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview