Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
A) Describe the iterative and recursive DNS name
resolution. Provide also an example. For instance show
how the www.google.com name can be resolved.
- puts burden of name
- resolution on contacted name server
- contacted server
- replies with name of server to contact
- “I don’t know this name,
- but ask this server”
B) Why is it useful to define interfaces?
- 1.from a software-engineering point of view,
- having precise and unambiguous interface definitions is important for
- understanding and maintaining objects.
- 2.IDL-based definitions come in handy for
- generating stubs.
C) Does a stateless server need to take checkpoints?
- Checkpointing is a technique for
- inserting fault tolerance into computing systems. It basically consists of
- storing a snapshot of the current application state, and later on, use it for
- restarting the execution in case of failure.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview