1. What special enzymes/proteins are needed to ensure proper translation? 8
2.Number of bp for E.Coli? Eukaryotes? Number of errors?
3. How do non-pol I check? What is it highly specific for?
4. Does proofreading require pyrophosphate?
5. What requires ATP?
1. DNA Pol III, DNAPI, primosome (DnaB protein (helicase)+ primase), DNA ligase, DNA gyrase (topoisomerase), ss binding proteins,
2. 4.6 x 10^6, 3 billion. 1 in 1000 or 10,000
3. Can only check the nucleotide that was just added on. Highly specific for mismatched base pairs.