- 20% of blood pumped by each heartbeat enters kidneys
Anatomy of Excretory System/ Structure of Nephron Approx. 1 million __ per kidney.
- Filtrate = __ and other small molecules that pass into __
- kidneys process __ per day; all but__ reabsorbed.
- Filtrate in __ now called __.
nephrons (renal tubules)
water + salts, urea
renal tubule (nephron)
__ have reduced __ and are confined to __(80% of nephrons).
- __ have long loops that extend into the __and are found only in mammals and birds (__).
- Materials exchanged between __ and __ through __/
loops of Henle
20% of nephrons
capillaries and nephrons
When it leaks out of the capillaries, it is called filtrate; it has no blood or proteins; it has collected into the Bowman’s Capsule and this capsule drains into a tube taking it away