The Vertebrate Kidney
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The Vertebrate kidney
- vertebrate excretory tubules
- - Collected into kidneys
- - 20% of blood pumped by each heartbeat enters kidneys
Anatomy of Excretory System/ Structure of Nephron
Approx. 1 million __ per kidney.
- Filtrate = __ and other small molecules that pass into __
- kidneys process __ per day; all but__ reabsorbed.
- Filtrate in __ now called __.
- nephrons (renal tubules)
- water + salts, urea
- renal tubule (nephron)
- 180L filtrate
- collecting ducts
__ have reduced __ and are confined to __(80% of nephrons).
- __ have long loops that extend into the __and are found only in mammals and birds (__).
- Materials exchanged between __ and __ through __/
- Cortical nephrons
- loops of Henle
- Juxtamedullary nephrons
- 20% of nephrons
- capillaries and nephrons
- interstitial fluid.
When it leaks out of the capillaries, it is called filtrate; it has no blood or proteins; it has collected into the Bowman’s Capsule and this capsule drains into a tube taking it away
What is blood osmolarity
What is osmolarity
moles of solute per liter of solution
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview