The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the function of the Dendrites
Receives electric signals from other neurons
Has receptors on the end of the dentrites
What is the function of the Nucleus
Contains your DNA
what is the SOMA and the function
Also known as the cell body it contains neurons
What is the Myelin Sheath and the Function
The Myelin Sheath acts as a protective coating sorrounding the axon and acts as an insulator of the nerve signal
What is the axon and function
Electric Signals pass down the axon from the cells body
What is the function if the synaptic terminal
releasing chemicals (neurotransmitter)
What is the flowchart
What is the function of the Cerebral Cortex?
- up 90% of brain volume and has many functions, including controlling complex
What is the function of the Cerebellum?
What is the function of the Medulla?
- vital, involuntary (automatic) activities like heartbeat and breathing
What is the function of the Frontal Lobe?
- both association and motor
What is the function of the Parietal Lobe?
- for processing information from all of our sensory organs:
What is the function of the Temporal Lobe?
- both sensory and association
- of language
What is the function of the occipital Lobe?
- •Containboth sensory and associationareas
- of objects by sight
What is the function of the amygdala?
- Processing of fear and emotion and
- coordination of fight or flight response
What is the functions of the hippocampus?
Memory formation and spatial navigation
What is the function of the thalamus?
- Relaying of information between different
- parts of the brain. Contributes to perception, movement, memory and
What is the function of the corpus callosum?
- Large bundle of fibres connecting left
- and right hemisphere of the brain
What is the function of hypothalamus.
- Controls many involuntary processes such
- as hunger, body temperature and blood pressure.