The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
is "voluntary" capacity to produce effects on others or obtain compliance.
What is the responsibility of all employees when it comes down to the use of organizational assets and information?
Responsibility of all employees is to protect the assets of the organization against loss, theft and misuse.
How should the use of organizational assets and information not be used?
Organization's property may not be used for personal benefit, nor may it be loaned, sold, given away, or disposed of with out appropriate authorization.
the exchange of ideas, thoughts, or emotions between or among two or more people.
Influence and induce other to strive towards goals, Must have deep vision of that goal and tell the importance of that goal to the group.
Methods to improve communication
- Responding to request
- Checking information
- New employee orientation is customized to the individual worker.
- Mission and goals of the department, departmental organizational chart, polices procedures, work standards and productivity monitors.
Ad Hoc Committee
Temporary committee that deals one issue.
Components of communication
Fundamental responsibility of every manager to endeavor to shape and enhance the behavior of employees so that they possess the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitudes to fulfill their assignments according to the polices, rules, and regulation of the institution.
Communication can be blocked by internal or external forces.
- Time costly
- Money discrepancies
- Lack of preparaton
Techniques for Fostering Intergraton
Events and conditions should be anticipated as fully as possible and designated to categories of events and conditions should be described
Functions styles of Leadership
Formal organization were the leader has functions that are tied to organizational need for leadership
a group of persons in an organization who function collectively on an organized basis to perform some administrative activity.
is a person who can organize tasks and make thing happen
Committee chairperson's Duties
- Arranging for logistical support
- Chairing meetings
- monitoring follow-up assignments
- The ability compliance by means of coercion to have ones own will carried out despite resistance
- force or naked strength, mental hold over another
Importance of authority
Superior can give a negative consequence, accept insubordination with draw the order or seek other to carry out the directive if the subordinate refuse
the drive, impetus, or initiative that causes an individual to direct his or her behavior toward satisfaction of some personal need
- A sound beginning for each newly hired employee provides a positive atmospheres of mutual expectation between the employee and management
- *** responsible for shared by department head, human resources, health and safety, information technology services and public relations.***
- Problem solving
- Organized deliberation
- Consolidation of task
- Compliments organizational structure
Termed "legit power". the right issue orders, to direct action and to command or exact compliance
- Permanent, focus on recurring matters
- Responsible dealing with credentials, infection control, patient care polices, patient care records, and quality assurance.
- Performance appraisal
- job rotation, job enrichment, job enlargement
- Awards and honors
- Career ladders and parallel- path progression systems
- Incentives and bonuses
- Employees participation
Restriction on the use of authority
- organizational position
- legal and contractual mandates
- social limitations
- physical limits
- technological constraints
- Economic constraints
- zone of acceptance of organization members
Adaptation to organizational life
- 1. the need to offset the effect of decentralization
- 2. coordinate the many individual functions that result from departmentalization and specialization
- Overall goal and polices are made a the highest level of the hierachy
Tools to Foster communication
- 1. Authenticity
- 2. Acceptance
- 3. Disclosure
- 4. Empathy
- 5. Caring