Computer Graphics Part 5a (View Transformation)
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
List the three steps of the View Transformation (Camera View) step of the Geometry stage
give an equation that describes the homogeneous transofrmaiton involved in view transformation
which direction is the camera view usually facing?
- -z direction
- x axis facing right
- y axis faceing upwards
what does view projection mean? list the 2 types of projection
- "we want to create a picture of the scene viewed from the camera"
- parallel (/orthographic) projection
- prespective projection
what is the projection matrix for parallel?
- (direction rather than viewed from a point)
What is the difference between a parallel and perspective projection and what is the major consequence?
- parallel is directional projection, qhile perspective projection is specified by a centre/point of projection and the focal distance.
- for prespective, objects far away appear smaller, closer ones appear bigger.
What is the homogenous transformation matric for perspective prjection?
Problem with standard perspective projection and alternative formulation?
- problem: centre of projection fixed at origin
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview