Cre 101 Pt. 2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are values?
- the unstated ideas
- that people see as worth while. They provide standards of conduct by
- which we measure the quality of human behavior.
Explain the four
of a good critical thinker. (And what is a fifth, according to
- Respect for good
- reasoning wherever you find it.
What is the
relationship of emotions
to critical thinking?
- Not letting emotions
- cut you off from reasoning.
Explain the concept
of critical thinking as a “social
- Ask questions and be
- aware of your question understable
strategies might you employ to make it clear to someone who is
arguing that you do not want to win and change their mind, but that
you want to arrive at the truth of the issue?
- Try to clarify your
- Ask the other person
- for evidence
- Ask why your
- evidence is weak
- Put each other best
- reasoning together
- Tell self you are
- learners and warriors-not heated argument
What is groupthink
and how can you avoid it?
- Going alone with
- crowd like war. Avoid it by looking for the best reasoning.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview