Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- inequality, difference
- "disparity in age"
to refuse or deny oneself (some rights, conveniences,privileges, pleasure, etc.); reject; renounce.
failing to succeed; unsuccessful: an abortive rebellion; an abortive scheme.
a person or thing detested or loathed: That subject is anathema to him.
- actively poisonous; intensely noxious: a virulent insect bite.
- violently or spitefully hostile.
- intensely bitter, spiteful, or malicious: a virulent attack.
- calculated to create ill will or resentment or give offense; hateful: invidious remarks.
- offensively or unfairly discriminating; injurious: invidious comparisons.
- causing or tending to cause animosity, resentment, or envy: an invidious honor.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview