The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the cephalic phase of GI control?
- Stimulated by receptors in the head (sight, smell, thought, emotions)
- Secretory and contractile reponses
What phase of GI control is centered in teh head?
What type of NS is activated by Cephalic control?
- ANS - both SNS and PNS
What is Gastric phase GI control?
- Initiated by stimuli in the stomach
- Effect secretiona nd contraction
What type of NS mediates the gastric phase of GI control?
Short and long neural reflexes
What examples of Gastric phase stimuli were given?
- Any of the following in the stomach:
What is the Intestinal phase GI control?
- Initiated by stimuli in the small intestine
- Effect secretion and contraction
What examples of Intestinal phase stimuli were given?
- Any of the following in the Small intestine:
- Digestion products
Which one of the following is a hormone that stimulates pancreatic enzyme secretion?