1. Who does selenium react avidly with? Like whom else?
2. How does Se create new AAs?
3. What are good sources? (3)
4. Bioavailability %? What inhibits d bioavailability?
6. How is homeostasis regulated? (2) NOT? (1)
1. Thiol groups, like Zn.
2. By replacing sulfur in common AAs.
3. Meats, BRAZIL NUTS, seafoods
4. 50-100%, buti nhibietd by things like mercury
5. None identified for either inorganic form or amino acid form.
6. By excretion through urine (@ high levels respiration through lung - garlic odor), NOT BY INTAKE. Same with copper.