The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Floriquinolones are the most potent agents against
- bacterial pathogens of the eye/ear.
- **Krysta had CIPRO for ear infections
common bacterial causes of conjuntivitis for neonates is gonococcal (how do you tx?)
Eythromycin (eyes at birth for everyone!)
adverse rxn to anti infections of the eye
local irritation, burning, irritation, inflammation, super infections w/prolonged, repeated use, rare incidence of SJS w/sulfa
If your eye is red and itchy, should you get anti-conjuctivitis meds?
No need, mucus, difficult opening eye upon awakening, etc. for s/s
inflammation of eyelash follicles
Tx for belphartis
- scrub eyelashes w/gentle shampoo
- eyrthryocmycin ointment
- Throw away eye makeup
- no contacts
Hordeolum is stye caused by
How do you tx Hordeolelum
- warm moist compress 4x/day for 15min
- sulfacytomide 10% eye drops or erthrymomycin 5% until symptoms resolve then additional 2-3 days.
- Usually spontaneously ruptures
- •Caused by adenovirus, HSV, or herpes
- •Sometimes treated with sulfacetamide
- 10% eyedrops or
- ointment 4 times daily to prevent secondary bacterial infection
•Course is usually 12-15 days
common SE of cessation of smoking meds are
severe nightmares from nicotine patch
Zyban (for smoking cessation) has black box for
cigarrette smoking induces CYP 1A2 so when people stop smoking they...
Chantix is the only one you continue to smoke while taking (TRUE OR FALSE)
Under 18yr, you should try ___ _____ first before other smoking cessation drugs
non-pharmacologic measures first