Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Cisco defines a series of steps in the process of troubleshooting. Which of the following lists those steps in the correct order?
a. gather facts, define problem, consider possibilities, creat action plan, implement action plan, observe results.
b. create action plan, gather facts, define problem, opserve results, consider possibilities, implement action plan.
c. consider possibilities, gather facts, define the problem, create action plan, implement action plan, utilize process.
d. define problem, gather facts, consider possibilities, create action plan, implement action plan, observe results.
Rob is having problems with his IP phone. It isn’t working. Rob says he has tried “fiddling with a few things on the phone.” Where should you begin troubleshooting?
a. Examine CUCM to see if the phone is registered.
b. Verify that DHCP server is active, reachable from Rob’s phone, and has addresses available.
c. Verify that TFTP service is running on the CUCM.
d. Verify that the local settings on Rob’s phone are correct.
e. Verify that the switch configuration is correct.
Greg is an end user in the Engineering department. He has done some reading on the Internet, and has learned that there is a Unified Reporting tool he can use to run reports. However, he phones you to tell you that he can’t run any reports because he is denied acccess to the web page. What action will allow Greg to run reports?
a. Modify the permissions on the Unified Reporting web pages to allow Greg access.
b. Give Greg a copy of Crystal Reports and the Platform Administration account.
c. Install RTMT on Greg’s PC.
d. Make Greg a member of the Standard CCM Super Users Group.
e. Tell Greg he is not allowed to run reports.
The CAR Reporting tool allows three types of users to access reports: Administrators, Managers and Users. What defines a report user as a Manager as opposed to just a User.
a. Their account is referenced in the Manager User ID field of another User’s account.
b. Their account is a member of the Standard CAR Manager Users Group.
c. The Manager checkbox is selected in the CAR User Config page.
d. Managers log in to a different CAR Reports tool than users do.
Aunt Beru wants to find out who on her team makes the longest phone calls. Which CAR report should she run?
a. Bills > Department
b. Bills > Individual
c. Top N > by duration
d. Top N > by charge
Greg is a CAR Reports User. Can he run the Top N > by charge report?
Janice is upset because the custom IP Phone serrvice she commissioned is not being adopted by many users.Which CAR report will determine how many phones are subscribed to her custom service?
a. Cisco IP phone Services (with the custom service selected).
b. Top N > Service Subscriptions.
c. Cisco Unified Comms Manager Assistant > Manager Call Usage.
d. Top N > by Number of Calls.
You are CUCM administrator. A couple months ago, management asked you to implement Client Matter Codes to track employee’s personal calls. What report can you run to provide a list of calls made with the CMC assigned to personal calls?
a. Traffic > Summary
b. Traffic > Summary By Extension
c. Forced Authorization Code / Client Matter Code > Client Matter Code
d. Forced Authorization Code / Client Matter Code > Authorization Level
Luke has been a CUCM administrator for 2 years. He is trying to use his RTMT to look at system summary information for the new CUC server. He complains that the menu is not visible. What should Luke do to make the CUC menu visible?
a. Under Edit > Preferences, check the CUC box under System Menu.
b. Install the Linux version of RTMT on his PC.
c. Download and install the RTMT from the CUC server.
d. Luke must be made a member of the Std RTMT Admins Group.
What two storage options are available to the Disaster Recovery System?
a. Local disk file and TFTP
b. Local disk file and FTP
c. Local tape drive and FTP
d. Local tape drive and local disk file
e. Local tape drive and SFTP
What 5 steps can be used as a framework for troubleshooting IP phone registration problems.
- 1. Local to the IP phone (PoE, does phone have IP address, ensure phone has DHCP enabled set to YES.)
- 2. VLAN or switch mismatches (CDP on, Correct voice VLAN, Trunking to the router?)
- 3. DHCP problems (DHCP still has addresses, Is IP add, SNM and Def GW correct? does router need ip helper-address for DHCP on a different NW?
- 4. TFTP problems (was the phone added to CME or CUCM? Is it gettingthe correct file SEP<mac>.cnf.xml, Is IP add for TFTP server correct? )
- 5. CUCM registration problems (is Unified CM Ip address correct for the registration process? Is Cisco CallManager service running? Is Autoregistration set up correctly?)
CDR – Call Detail Record
CMR – Call Management Records
CAR – CDR Analysis & Reporting tool
Who can use CDR reports? What group/How must each belong to to use CDR reports?
- Admins – Standard CAR Admin Users Group
- Managers – The Manager User ID field in CM Administration.
- Users – Standard CCM End Users Group.
What are the 4 main CDR report areas that can be accessed.
(note: Detail with who has permissions)
- Top N
- CUCM Assistant
- Cisco IP Phone services
- (Note U= user, M=manager, A=Admin)
- Bills--- Individual (UMA)
- Bills--- Department (MA)
- Top N --- by Charge (MA)
- Top N --- By Duration (MA)
- Top N --- Number of calls (MA)
- CUCM Assistant --- Manager Call Useage (A)
- CUCM Assistant --- Assistant Call Useage (A)
- Cisco IP Phone services--- Number of users, Utilization % for each (A)
What are the 7 types of reports for the SYSTEM?
(note: Detail with who has permissions)
- >>> Detailed (A)
- >>> Summary (MA)
- >>> By gateway (MA)
- >>> By Call Type (A)
- >>> Summary (A)
- >>> Summary by Extension (A)
- Forced Authorization Code/Cient Matter Code (MAC/CMC)
- >>> Client Matter Code
- >>> Authorization Code Name
- >>> Authorization Level (A)
- Malicious Call Details (A)
- Precedence Call Summary(A)
- System Overview(A)
- CDR Error(A)
What is RTMT?
What can it monitor?
- Real Time Monitoring Tool
- CUCM, CUC, CUP
- RTMT is a client application installed on an Admin workstation. Software can be downloaded from CUCM, CUC, CUPS, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express servers, but is specific to that server product. (CUCM and CUC are interchangeable.)
- Only ONE instance of RTMR can be installed on a WS.
- End user must be added to CCM Admin Users and STD RealtimeAndTraceCollection groups.
Describe DRS (Disaster Recovery System).
- Allows for scheduled and manual backups of CUCM and CDR/CAR databases. It also does itself.
- DRS can use either GUI or CLI, and pushes BU to tape or SFTP storage. Restores must be to the same verson. (can’t be used as an upgrade system).