Home Economics - Meal Planning
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
List six factors that affect meal planning
1. Dietary restrictions eg. coeliac
2. Meals must have alot of different nutrients
3. Time available to shop and cook
4. Money and equipment available
5. Climate and availability of food
6. Ability of the cook
What are the two main types of menu?
1. Table d'hote is a set price menu usually cheaper than the a la carte menu
2. A la carte is a menu that has each item priced separately and there are lots to choose from for each course
List four rules that should be followed when shopping for food
1. Shop for food only once a week
2. Make a shopping list and stick to it
3. Buy food in a clean shop
4. Check use by date
How would you garnish soup?
Swirl of cream
How would you garnish fish?
How would you garnish lamb?
How would you garnish turkey?
How would you garnish beef?
How would you garnish pork?
How would you garnish duck?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview