Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the range of the size of microbes?
- 1-3 um(microns)
- 1m=1,000,000 micrometer(microns)
What is the name of the microscope in class?
How do we calculate total magnification?
Ocular lense(10X) multiply with objective lenses(4X,10X, 40X, 100X)
How would things appear when look under microscope?
It will be upside down and backward
What do we call the clarity of image and in what condition is it hard to maintain goo clarity?
- Resonance: clarity of image
- Hard to maintain under high magnification
What is Resolution (or Resolving Power)?
The ability of the lenses to distinguish fine detail and structure.
What is the Limit of Resolution (LOR)?
- how far apart two points must be for the microscope to detect them as two separate point
- EX: best LOR is about 0.2 um
When is resolution improve?
When the limit of resolution or resolving power is made smaller
When is field of view larger?
At smaller magnification
What is parfocal?
It is half focused. A lens that stays in focus when magnification is changes
How to decrease the limit of resolution?
- Shorter wavelength is greater the resolution.
- Ex: Oil immersion
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview