The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is Boserup argument about the consequences of population growth?
- 1. Population growth can be a stimulus for improving the human condition rather than causing conditions of increasing poverty.
- 2. Population growth act as a stimulus to technological advancement
How is Boserup argument different from Malthus?
- -She argues that Population growth stimulates agricultural innovation and change
- -Whereas Malthus would argue that death rates would rise to curtail the population growth and restore equilibrium.
- -Boserup would see another possibility, namely an intensification of the agricultural system.
What empirical evidence exists that supports/contradicts her theory?