Geo 143: Feminist Theories
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the arguments advanced in feminist theories about the factors and conditions that will help reduce fertility?
-Reducing patriarchy and empowering women will bring down birth rates and reduce population growth
What empirical evidence exists that supports/contradicts this theory?
- • Access to financial resources reduces poverty -micro finance, micro credit based on cooperation of women
- -better educated women have few children
- -but otherwise, there are too limited scale of programs to promote women's empowerment.
What are the policy implications of this theory?
- -Foster women's empowerment
- - equal rights, education & life chances, access to financial resources.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview