Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
An ____ is made up of abiotic factors and biotic factors.
Abiotic factors are ____ and biotic factors are ____.
A ____ is made up of living things.
A community contains several ____.
all organisms of the same species in an area
A population ____ to adapt to a ecosystem. The population interacts with ____ and ____.
- the environment
- each other
____ contend for resources.
2 different species can't coexist in a community if they share the same ____.
method to use the resources available
a predator/prey relationship
- a relationship in which both species benefit
- a relationship in which 1 species benefits and the other is indifferent
a relationship that benefits 1 species and harms the other
an ecosystem based on climate
How many terrestrial biomes are there?
What are the names of each of the biomes?
- temperate forest
- temperate grassland
- tropical rainforest
Abiotic factors of tundra.
- long, cold winters
- permafrost (permanently frozen underlayer)
- little rainfall
Biotic factors of tundra.
- few plants (small)
- few animals year round
- During the summer months, animals migrate to the tundra
What are two other names for taiga?
- coniferous forest
- coniferous rain forest
- boreal forest
Abiotic factors of taiga.
- very cold winter (long)
- short cool summers with rain
Biotic factors of taiga.
- tall trees (evergreen)
- understory (close to ground) does not contain too many plants
- small shrubs (ferns [tolerant of minimal light])
- lots of animals
What is another name for temperate forest?
temperate deciduous forest
Abiotic factors of temperate forest.
- cold winters & warm summers
- high rainfall
- 4 seasons
Biotic factors of temperate forest.
- deciduous trees (loses leaves in winter)
- understory made up of tall trees, small trees, and shrubs
- animals that hibernate
Abiotic factors of temperate grassland.
- cold winters
- hot/dry summers
- soil is great for growing crops
Biotic factors of temperate grassland.
- low growing plants
- taller grass (more rain)
- shorter grass (less rain)
- bison/buffalo (grazing animal)
Abiotic factors of savanna.
- cool, dry winters
- hot, wet summers
Biotic factors of savanna.
- grasses (not a lot of trees)
- lost of animals (grazing and predators)
Abiotic factors of desert.
- very little rainfall
- hot day, cold night
Biotic factors of desert.
- few plants (adapted to little water)
- nocturnal animals
Abiotic factors of tropical rainforest.
- always warm
- always wet (lots of rain)
Biotic factors of tropical rainforest.
- largest selection of living things (plants and animals)
- epiphyte (plant that grows on other plants)
What are the three layers of the tropical rainforest (top to bottom)?
What are the two different types of marine biomes?
- fresh water
- ocean (salt water)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview