The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the two Non-enveloped, single stranded RNA viruses?
What classification of viruses are Calcivirus and Picornavirus ?
- Single stranded genome
- RNA viruses
What are the subgroups of Picornavirus?
What group do Enterovirus, Rhinovirus and Cardiovirus belong to?
What is the structure of the Enteroviruses?
- Small 30nm
- Resistant to environmental factors (moisture, temp, acid, organic solvents, nonionic detergents)
- Sensitive to UV, temp >56, formaldehyde and chlorination
What are Enteroviruses resistant to?
- Most environmental conditions:
- Organic solvents
- Nonionic detergents
What are Enteroviruses susceptible to?
- Temps >56
- UV light
How big is a Enteroviruses naked capsule?
Describe Picornvirus replication:
- Virus binds to receptors
- Viral RNA is injected into the cell
- RNA translation occurs in the cytoplasm
- Polyprotein is cleaved
- Viral RNA is copied many times by Viral RNA polymerase in nucleus
- Virus is assembled and released by lysis
What does Picornavirus translation produce?
What are the representative viruses of the Enterovirus group?
- Coxsackievirus A
- Coxsackievirus B
- Enterovirus 72
What Enterococcus virus causes Focal necrosis and myosistis?
What Enterococcus virus causes Myocarditis of newborns?
What does Echovirus cause?
- Aseptic meningitis
What does Enterovirus 72 cause?
What virus causes Hep A?
What does the Rhinovirus cause?